- Application Software Analytics Toolkit
- Jan. 2018 - Present
- Design and implement the software analytics toolkit for facilitating the understanding and refactoring of large-scale scientific models.
- Currently applying graph algorithms to the software analysis.
- Two papers in review now.
- Keywords: application software analysis, static code analysis, high performance application, graph algorithm.
- High Performance Synchronization-reducing Clustering Library
- Jan. 2016 - Dec. 2018
- Design and implement the parallel asynchronous Feel-The-Way algorithms using the hybrid MPI/Pthreads computing model.
- Significantly faster than the parallel standard k-means with less communication and similar costs.
- Keywords: massively parallel algorithm, synchronization-reducing algorithm, clustering algorithm, multi-thread programming.
- Scalable Universal QR Factorization Solver (suCAQR)
- Aug. 2014 - Dec. 2015
- Design and implement a simplified, tuning-less scalable universal communication-avoiding QR factorization solver (suCAQR).
- Achieve 30 times and 30% faster performance than benchmarks ScaLAPACK and DPLASMA on 1024 cores.
- Keywords: scientific computing, performance analysis and optimization, dataflow runtime system.
- Classifying Images of Bacteria
- Feb. 2015 - May 2015
- Given 1800+ images of bacteria, classifying them into four categories.
- Achieve over 95% classification accuracy and ranked second among 23 teams in “Unsupervised feature learning for classifying images of bacteria at the genus level” Kaggle competition.
- Keywords: unsupervised feature learning, representation learning, k-means, classification, image processing.
- The Indiana State Parks History Tour App
- June 2013 - July 2013
- Developed the mobile App “Centennial State Park Tour Explored Through Visitor Smart-phone” sponsored by Indiana Department
of Natural Resources.
- iOS application named “The Indiana State Parks History Tour” is available in iTunes store.
- Keywords: mobile App development.